Did you see VIP numbers on Cars or Bikes? Did you notice some special 4-digit numbers at the end of vehicle registration number? These are fancy numbers for cars and bikes. Today, I am going to share a complete guide on how to book fancy number for cars and bikes. After reading this article you can book a fancy number for your personal car or transport car or a bike.
What is VIP Number for Vehicles (Fancy Numbers for Cars)
When you see a vehicle number that looks like UP 99 AD 8383 or UP 15 CV 1919. So, last 4-digits of the numbers is called VOP number or Fancy number. It can be 0001, 1111, 1000, 1122, 1919, 9000, 9999. All this type of numbers is called VIP numbers. Generally, we call VIP numbers and Indian Government knows calls them Fancy Numbers.
Category of Fancy Numbers
Indian Government divided fancy Numbers into 4 categories and all these categories have different pricing model. Here are the details:
1. Rs. 3000 Category
In this category, you will get a fancy number for Rs. 3000 only and there is no other tax on this amount. The numbers which come into this category, are 1212, 1313, 1414, 1919, 2121, 5151, 7171, 8383…
2. Rs. 6000 Category
If you want some more exciting numbers, you need to pay Rs. 6000 and you have more options to get the Fancy numbers for your personal car or bike. In this category, you can choose a number from 0033, 0044, 0055, 0222, 0444, 3311, 3322…
3. Rs. 7500 Category
This is the 3rd category and also allows you to get antique numbers and you have to pay Rs. 7500 to Indian transport department via online process. Here, you have a wide range of VIP vehicle numbers such as 0090, 0200, 0300, 0400, 1200, 1300, 1001, 3003…
4. Rs. 15000 Category
This is the top and most expensive category for VIP vehicle numbers in India. You can get any type of number just for Rs. 15,000 only. There is no other tax or duty on this amount and this is the final amount for the vehicle number. In this category, you can get these numbers: 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, 1000, 2000, 3000, 1100, 1111, 2222, 3333, 8888, 9999…
VIP Number For Rs. 1 Lakh (Fancy Number for 1 Rs. Lakh)
If you hear that someone bought a VIP vehicle number for Rs. 50,000 or Rs. 1 Lakh or more, It’s totally fake. Indian Govt and Indian Trasport Department has decided the fee for VIP Numbers (Fancy Numbers) for vehicle and all these numbers are available on the official website. Anyone can book from available numbers and he needs to pay Rs. 3000 to Rs. 15,000 only. So, if you asked to pay a higher price, you can contact the Transport department or book your VIP number yourself.
How To Book VIP Vehicle Number in India (Fancy Number Booking)
It’s too simple just like to do a mobile recharge. As you do a mobile recharge and you must know about the mobile number, like that you need to sure about Aadhar card number to book a Fancy number officially.
Customer Care Numbers for Fancy Booking Number System
Indian govt has declared official customer care numbers for the fancy number booking system. If you have any query, you can call and ask your query. Here are two ways to contact customer care:
- Toll-Free Number: 1800-1800-151
- Raise a Complaint: Fancy Number Complaint Page
Rules and Regulations for Fancy Number in India
As you know, everything has it’s own rules and regulations and Fancy number system is an Indian govt process, so you need to follow all rules strictly. You can refer all rules and terms & conditions here: Fancy Number Rules and Regulations Page (You must log in to the official website to view this page)
Steps Before Booking VIP Numbers in India
When you buy any vehicle you have two options to do for the vehicle registration. First one is an RTO process from showroom side and another one is that you can do RTO process yourself. So, here can be two types of VIP Number booking.
1. Self Vehicle Registration with Fancy Number
When you book a car or bike or any vehicle, you need to have some documents from Showroom that you need to submit at your respective RTO to avail Registration certificate (RC). All showroom provide all such documents to you for Some of the documents are:
In this process, you also have to pay vehicle tax to RTO. To book Fancy number, read the process below and after getting the fancy number you need to submit a fancy number invoice and all documents to RTO to add your fancy number to your vehicle.
2. Vehicle Registration by Showroom and Fancy Number By You
When you buy any vehicle, showroom provides vehicle registration process and allows you to book VIP number for your vehicle. To Book your VIP number, follow below steps:
How To Book a VIP Number for any Vehicle
- Open official government transport website: https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Now click on the ‘Online Services’ and select ‘Fancy Numbers’
- Or visit official fancy booking website: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/fancy/
- Create a free account with such valid details and remember to log in again.
- Now, you get all categories for Fancy Number booking system.
- Click on ‘Number Selection’.
- Now choose your state, RTO office, and vehicle type (Personal/Transport).
- Here you will get the current series of the vehicle number. Select it and wait for available VIP numbers.
- Now, you will get a complete list of available Fancy numbers and you can select any according to your budget or wish.
- Select the number and proceed
- Now enter your basic details like Name, Father’s name, and Aadhar card number. Please mention vehicle owner’s details who is buying the vehicle and click on next button.
- Now, you need to pay the fee of the number you selected.
- After making the payment, you get an acknowledgment invoice for the payment.
- Take a print out of this invoice and submit it to your Showroom or RTO for the vehicle registration. Don’t forget to tell them that you have your own Fancy number for the vehicle.
- Done! Rest work will be done by them (RTO or Showroom).
You will get a confirmation message for your vehicle that you have a vehicle with this number and all such details.
Last Words on Fancy Number Booking System by Indian Govt & Transport Deptt
So, I hope you got the complete process of Fancy number for your personal car, bike or any vehicle. If you have any query or doubt, don’t forget to ask in comment box. Our team will surely help you as soon as possible.