iPhone Screen Keep Dimming: Most likely the reason your iPhone is dimming is that you enable auto-brightness. However, this may also be due to iOS features such as True Tone and Night Shift. In rare cases, this may be a hardware failure with the iPhone screen. Apple iPhone screens are very beautiful and many software features help to make it a better experience.
When your iPhone screen is dimmed, the same software features can cause it. It happened to a friend of mine who bought a new device. She complained that the iPhone brightness was dropping. I knew exactly what the problem was and fixed it in no time. Are you bothered by the fading of your iPhone? Do not worry. There are several solutions you can use to get it working normally again.
How Can You Fix iPhone Screen Keep Dimming With Auto-Brightness Off?
If your iPhone screen is blurred it can cause a lot of software problems, but it is important not to limit your solutions to it. Here are some solutions that can solve the problem for you.
1. Turn Off Night Shift:
The Night Shift feature on the iPhone helps keep your iPhone screen easy on the eyes, especially at night. iOS automatically adjusts the colors on the screen, removes the blue light, and allows for warmer colors. When enabled, this feature is turned on at sunset, only to change again when the morning comes on again. The change in colors that occurs with the night shift may make the iPhone screen appear dimmer due to the warmer shades on the iPhone screen.
In these cases, switching off this feature may help resolve the issue.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select “Display & Brightness”.
- Select “Night Shift” from the options.
- You can select the specific duration for which you want the feature to come on or disable it altogether.
2. Turn On Attention Aware:
This is a great feature on iPhones with Face ID. Your android device will confirm whether you are viewing the device and dim the screen only if you are not.
If you turn it off, your iPhone display will automatically blur even if you look at it correctly. Turning it on can solve this brightness problem.
- Enable “Settings”.
- Press “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Disable “Attention Aware Features”.
3. Restart The iPhone:
The reason your screen fades automatically has nothing to do with the software feature that works as intended. It can be iOS glitching, so your iPhone screen can be blurred at will. From my experience with iPhones, I have found that an easy solution to restarting can help you get out of such problems. The way you restart your phone depends on the iPhone model you have.
For the iPhone model with Face ID:
- Hold down the power button and turn the volume up or down.
- Tap them down until the slider appears on the screen. Drag as indicated.
- After 30 seconds, the iPhone will turn off.
- Once the screen is blocked, hold down the Side Button.
- After the Apple logo appears directly on the screen, it indicates that the iPhone will be restarted.
For the iPhone 6 to 8 series, as well as the second generation SE:
- Hold down the side button until the slider appears for a shutdown.
- Pull the slider back and wait for 30 seconds.
- The iPhone turns off after the screen turns black.
- Hold down the power button until the Apple logo appears.
For all older models of iPhone:
- Press the top button down.
- Drag the slider that appears.
- After 30 seconds, the iPhone should be switched off.
- Once the screen turns black, press the button above. The Apple logo shows up when the iPhone is restarted.
4. Update iOS:
It’s a good idea to keep iOS updated on your iPhone from time to time. This will help resolve any bugs in the software, including those that may affect your screen brightness. You can easily upgrade your iPhone from the Settings menu. However, before you get started, it’s a good idea to back up your apps and settings. You can backup to iCloud by following these steps:
- When connected to WiFi, enable “Settings”
- Select “iCloud”.
- Select “iCloud Backup”.
- Tap “Backup Now” to begin the process.
Once you have backed up, you can start the update process.
- Open “Settings”.
- Select “General”.
- Tap on “Software Update”.
In some cases, you may see more than one option available. Select the one you want to install.
Select “Install now” or “Install and Download” to begin the procedure of updating your OS.
5. Visit The Apple Store:
Even if you try all the above solutions, if your iPhone brightness still dims automatically, it could be a hardware issue with the iPhone display. If auto-brightness is enabled and there is a problem with your iPhone’s ambient sensor, it may also lead to this problem. If this happens, you need to take it to your local Apple Store. The staff at the Genius Bar will be able to identify the problem with the iPhone display.
When you encounter an iPhone Screen Keep Dimming. However, this problem can also be caused by other features like Night Shift on your iPhone. You can easily fix iPhone screen problems after you follow the steps we have described here. If they do not scheme, it may be time to contact support. So this article will help you to solve the iPhone screen problems you are facing.