Apple developed iTunes as a client app for iTunes Store, it is an integral part of the Apple ecosystem. This iTunes app is available only for Apple customers. In the iTunes store, there is only permission for Apple customers to purchase and manage digital media. Google Chromebooks are run only on Chrome OS. Due to this specification, these devices run smoothly for a long time.
Nowadays most students from any country use Chromebooks in their classroom, and most of them choose iPhone over the other smartphones. So we obviously know that there is an incompatibility between two different ecosystems created by Apple and Google.
Here I am going to explain how to install iTunes to Chromebook. First, upload your iTunes music to YouTube Music which is a Chrome web app on your Personal Computer or Mac. Then from YouTube Music Chrome web app to Chromebook, you can access the music.
Steps to Install iTunes for Chromebook
Step1: Install YouTube Music in your Chrome Browser.
- Make sure that your Chrome Browser is installed with YouTube Music. If it not installed then the steps below
- Search for the YouTube Music app in your Chromebook’s web browser
- On the top right corner of the page, you will find 3 dots, click on those dots and there click on install YouTube Music.
- Then you get a prompt box, click install for the confirmation.
- By using the same method you can install YouTube Music for Windows and Mac. Make sure that the YouTube Music app is installed on your browser extension.
Step2: How to upload your iTunes songs to YouTube Music
- After installing the YouTube Music app, Select the Profile icon which you find on the top right corner of the page, under the drop-down you will find “Upload Music”, click on that.
- Now you have to navigate where your music files are saved. Now select your favorite songs which you want to upload and click on open, then your songs are uploaded to YouTube Music.
Step3: How to access uploaded iTunes music files to your Chromebook
- On your Chromebook, if you want to access iTunes, Navigate to the YouTube Music Chrome Web App and select Library on the top of the page.
- After that in the Library page you will find Songs Tab, Click on the songs tab there select YouTube Music > Uploads
- Now you have access to play any song that you uploaded from iTunes.