- 1 What Is DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10
- 2 How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error
DPC watchdog violation windows 10: Windows is the most popular operating system for desktop and laptop computers. So you may be knowing about the DPC Watchdog Violation error if you are using Windows computer, especially Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10. DPC Watchdog Violation is one of the most common errors in the Windows platform. If you are also facing DPC Watchdog Violation in your system, then this article is for you.
What Is DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10
Watch Dogs PC: The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error in Windows is one of the most troublesome Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) problems. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call, and Watchdog refers to the bug checker integrated into the system. The primary motive of Watchdog is to monitor your Windows programs and system’s performance.
What is dpc_watchdog_violation
When you see the DPC Watchdog Violation Error message, then it means your PC watchdog is overwhelmed. The reason for this is either your system has a single DPC running for a long time, or it has stuck at an interrupt request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
How To Fix dpc_watchdog_violation windows 8.1
The main reasons for this error are:
- Hardware incompatibility issues
- Unsupported SSD firmware
- Old SSD driver versions
- Corrupted system files.
How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error
We have made a list of the working methods you should opt to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error in your system.
#1: Update your chipset driver
You should use the updated chipset driver in your system. So to update it follow the below steps:
dpc_watchdog_violation windows 10
- Firstly open the Device Manager.
- Now search for the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Once found, expand it to find out the available options in it.
- Now right click the controller with the name Standard SATA ACHI Controller and click on Properties.
- Now go to the Driver tab and then to the Driver Details.
- Check if iaStorA.sys is listed as a driver. Then click OK to exit.
- Go back to the Properties window and in the Driver tab choose Update Driver option.
- Select to Browse My Computer for driver software, and then select let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select Standard SATA AHCI Controller from the list, and then click on Next to continue and finish the process.
That’s it. Restart your computer, and DPC Watchdog Violation Error will be resolved.
#2: Check if your hard-disc has been corrupted
You should check your hard drive’s health by following the below steps:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Now, type: chkdsk c: /f /r. And hit Enter.
- You will be asked to allow the check next time you start your computer, type Y to accept it.
- Now restart your computer so that Windows can perform a hard disk check.
If any problem is there, it will be fixed automatically, and DPC Watchdog Violation Error will be solved.
#3: Turn Off Fast Startup – DPC watchdog violation fix
You should Turn off Fast Startup on your system to get rid of the BSOD error. You need to follow the below steps for it.
- Click on Start >> Control Panel.
- Change the viewing category of Control Panel to Small Icons.
- Search for Power Options from the list.
- Now from the left side of the panel, click on Choose what the power button does.
- Now click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to find Turn on fast startup (recommended). Uncheck this option.
- Finally, save the changes by clicking on Save changes option present at the bottom.
Now restart your computer. Your DPC Watchdog Violation Error will be resolved.
#4: Reinstall Display Driver in Safe Mode
Reinstalling the display driver in safe mode will also work to solve the Violation Error. You should follow the below steps for doing a quick reinstallation.
- Open Run, type msconfig and then press enter. System Configuration Window will open.
- Click on the Boot, tab. Under Boot, options check Safe boot and then choose Network.
- Now click OK and then choose Restart.
- Your system will enter Safe Mode now.
- Now go the Device Manager. Locate and expand the option Display adapters.
- Right-click on the display adapter that you have and then choose Uninstall.
- To confirm, check the box saying Delete the driver software for this device and then click OK.
This method will also resolve your BSOD error.
Final Words on DPC Watchdog PC error Windows 10 and 8.1
These are some best methods which you can use to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error on your Windows system. All of these methods are already tested, so these are 100% working and will surely resolve your problem. If you still have any confusion, then please leave a comment below, we will definitely help you.